Burwood Hospital Redevelopment
Two years of hard work and more than $200 million have transformed the old Burwood Hospital into a world-class healthcare facility.
The upgrade, which is part of a $650 million rebuild of both Christchurch and Burwood Hospitals, is one of the largest health-building projects in New Zealand’s history.
- space for 230 new inpatient beds
- a new entrance and cafe area
- an extended radiology department
- an extended outpatient and procedural area; and
- a new kitchen and back of house support area to service the increased hospital size.
The facility opened its doors in August 2016 and in May 2017 won the National Award for Health Projects at the New Zealand Commercial Project Awards.
United Scaffolding Group provided essential scaffold, panel propping, floor propping and formwork services during construction. The project employed 8 full time crew, plus an additional 16 crew during major milestone builds.